IPGA Managing Committee has decided to support the various measures initiated by the Central and State Government to provide relief to migrant workers, daily wage earners, etc affected by the national lockdown implemented to contain the spread of COVID-19.
IPGA has undertaken the following activities and shall appreciate any and every support and contribution from our trade and industry to these activities so that we can make a substantial contribution in the relief work.
- IPGA would contribute Rs. 21 lakhs to the PM CARE Fund
- IPGA will be distributing ration to migrant workers, daily wage earners and the needy in Mumbai and Kolkata as follows:
Mumbai distribution details:
- IPGA has distributed a total of 5200 bags containing rations to migrant workers and the needy through Mr. Aditya Thackrey. The bags contain 5 kgs Atta, 5 kgs Rice, 2 kgs Dal, 1 kg Sugar, 1 kg Salt and 1 litre Cooking Oil. We have been provided a list of CONTAINMENT ZONES in various wards and have selected F NORTH WARD (covers parts of Chunabhatti, Sion, Barkat Ali Naka and Wadala) and in Adarsh Nagar in Worli.
- IPGA has distributed 1000 bags to Navi Mumbai Police who are collecting rationing packets for their personnel who are on 24 x 7 duty in the lockdown period. There are a total of 4,500 police personnel families in Navi Mumbai. They are getting contributions from various NGOs and IPGA will be contributing to this effort.
- Effectively, IPGA is adopting 6000 families in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Each of the above-mentioned bags is costing IPGA Rs. 750/- all-inclusive (delivered cost) and the total investment from IPGA in this project is around Rs. 45 Lakhs.
- Mr. Satish Upadhyay has helped in coordinating the procurement from Reliance Fresh, IPGA branded bags to be pack these food grains as well as the transportation of these to the requisite destinations.
Kolkata distribution details:
- IPGA will distribute a total of 5000 bags containing rations to migrant workers, daily wage earners and the needy in Kolkata. The bags contain 5 kgs Rice, 2 kgs Masoor Dal, 2 kgs Potatoes, 1 kg Sugar, 1 kg Salt and 1 litre Edible Oil.
- The cost of each ration bag in Kolkata is Rs. 500/- all inclusive (delivered cost)and the total investment in this project will be around Rs. 25 Lakhs.
- This activity is being coordinated by IPGA East Zone Convenor, Mr. Anurag Tulshan
We have already sent out an appeal to all our Patrons via WhatsApp and Email requesting them to contribute to our effort and I am happy to say that quite a few of our Patrons have already contributed. Please click here to see the names of our contributing partners for Mumbai and Kolkata Projects.
It is our earnest request to all our trade partners and patrons, who have not yet contributed, to please come forward and adopt as many families as possible and donate the equivalent amount to IPGA.
Donors can choose to contribute to the Mumbai Project @ Rs. 750/- per family or the Kolkata Project @ Rs. 500/- per family OR to both Projects @ Rs. 1,250- per family.
The IPGA Managing Committee has also decided that in case the overall contributions exceed the amount invested by IPGA, the funds will be utilized for additional CSR Activities.
Donations can be remitted directly to IPGA Account, details of which are as follows:
Name of Beneficiary: India Pulses and Grains Association
Name Of The Bank: HDFC Bank Ltd.
Branch: Santacruz (West), Mumbai, India
Account No: 50100104107473
IFSC Code: HDFC0000079
We look forward to your generous contributions and thank you for the same. Please feel free to call the following IPGA Officials for any additional details that you may need.
For Mumbai Project:
- Pradeep Ghorpade:
- Ph.: +919820267858 / +919769002516
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Kolkata Project:
- Mr. Anurag Tulshan:
- Ph.: +919831016720 / +919830616720
- Email: email@example.com
Friends, we look forward to your continued support for either or both the above projects to be able to provide relief to the needy in these trying and difficult times.
Contributors to IPGA’s MUMBAI COVID-19 Relief Related Activity
|NO. OF FAMILIES ADOPTED
|Jindal Overseas Corpn
|Dalal M Kishor Kumar
|S S Agro
|Dalal N Pratap
|Dalal G Ashwin
|Maruti Agri Services
|Savla Agro Foods
|Victory Agri World
|Shadiram & Sons
|Dalal Murlidhar Ratanshi
|D Vijay Dixit
|Broker Kara Karsan & Co
|Tirupai Balaji & Co.
|Dilip Kumar Laxmidas & Co
|Himatlal Hirji & Co
|Dalal Kamlesh Shivji
|Shaan Marine Services Pvt Ltd
|N V S Traders
Contributors to IPGA’s KOLKATA COVID-19 Relief Related Activity
|No. Of Family Adopted
|Esarco Exim Pvt. Ltd
|R P Comtrade
|Om Prakash Gupta And Sons
|Poddar Business Pvt. Ltd.
|Vinod Kumar and Brothers
|C B Impex
|New Tea Impex
|Tarachand Singhal Foundation
|P P Tradecom