- Dhuli moong dal – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green chili – 1
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Lentils or dal are used extensively in India, generally prepared and served with different types of breads. They are rich in proteins so are good to include in every day diet. We can also make other different dishes with lentils, like today I used moong dal to make chilla. Moong Dal Chilla goes well with green chutney in breakfast and is healthy for the whole family. You can also make a dosa like filling of potatoes or paneer and fill it inside the chilla to make a more filling breakfast. However for this recipe I made it plain as it tastes good this way as well. Its very simple to make this breakfast and you can use it any day of the week. Use this Moong Dal Chilla Recipe and enjoy with some chutney.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Wash and soak the dhuli moong dal for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water, add ginger, fresh coriander, green chili and blend together to make a smooth paste.
- Add water to make a batter with medium consistency.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan, pour 2 tbsp batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 6 to 7 inch round.
- Pour little oil on the sides.
- Fry till golden brown and repeat for the other side.
- Serve hot chilla with green chutney.
- You can make filling of potatoes or paneer to enjoy a heavy breakfast.