- 1 cup buckwheat (kutto or kutti no daro)
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
Fibre rich and low in calories, buckwheat and urad daal is the ideal ingredient for weight watchers.
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Makes 10 dosas
- Combine the buckwheat and urad dal in a mixer and blend to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Combine the buckwheat-urad dal powder with the tempering and mix well.
- Add the green chillies, coriander, salt and approximately 1¾ cup of water and mix well into a batter.
- Pour a ladle of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and let it spread to form a thin circle.
- Cook till both the sides are golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.