India Pulses & Grains Association (IPGA), the apex body of India’s pulses and grains industry and trade, successfully hosted THE PULSES CONCLAVE – 2016 at Jaipur Exhibition & Convention Centre, Jaipur.
The Conclave witnessed attendance from over 1,200 delegates and trade delegations from 28 countries like Canada, the United States of America, Africa, Australia and Asia to name a few.
The Conclave was hosted in Rajasthan, which is one of the top pulses producer states in India. On 17th February, 2016, the evening began with a welcome address by IPGA Chairman, Mr. Pravin Dongre, followed by official International Year of Pulses (IYP 2016) launch in India by Ms. Robynne Anderson. The keynote presentation was addressed by Mr. Huseyin Arslan, President of Global Pulse Confederation and Executive Chairman- AGT Foods. Hon’able Minister Lyle Stewart delivered a speech and Mr. G Chandrashekhar delivered the special address.
A Life-time achievement award was presented to Shri Seth Deepchand Ji Parakh of ‘Parakh Group of Companies’ in recognition for services to the industry. Parakh Group of Companies which includes ‘Poona Dal and Besan Mills Pvt Ltd’ and ‘Parakh Agro Industries Ltd’ has completed 50 years in pulses processing. On behalf of Shri Seth Deepchand Ji Parakh, the award was received by Mr. Sujit Parakh. The evening concluded with a vote of thanks by IPGA Vice-Chairman, Mr. Bimal Kothari.
The Conclave showcased luminaries of the agricultural world from across the globe, who shared their domain expertise by being a part of the seminars and business sessions on 18th and 19th February, 2016. The Seminar consisted of stimulating presentations from business leaders and a series of engaging panel discussions by domain experts, agribusiness professionals, researchers and service providers. The key topics covered were global agri-market drivers, price and market outlook, research initiatives, advances in processing technology and more. Some of these presentations included Origin presentation for India by Mr. G Chandrashekhar – Economic Advisor – IMC and Member – SEBI CDAC; Strategy for increasing pulses production by Dr. J S Sandhu, Deputy Director General (Crop Science) – ICAR; Improving Profitability for Farmers and Nutrition for Consumers by Dr. David Bergvinson – Director General – ICRISAT; Agriculture and Food Security – Where research can make a difference by Dr. Kevin Tiessen – IDRC; Presentation on GAFTA by Ms. Jaine Chisholm Caunt, Director General – GAFTA and so on. The Title sponsor for the Conclave was Arvee International Pte Ltd.
IPGA is proud to have signed Memorandum of Understanding with International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), International trade Center (ITC) and Overseas Agro Traders’ Association of Myanmar (OATAM). These MoUs surely widen the scope of work and exposure for IPGA at a global level by supporting pulses and crop based research.
An exhibition was also set up to display products and technology from across the world. The exhibition provided the right setting to showcase products and services from the world of pulses. Few of the exhibitors were Suncue Company Ltd., Taiwan; Shijiazhuang Julite Machinery Co.,China; Buhler India, Government of Saskatchewan and many others.
During the Conclave, IPGA launched celebrations of the International Year of Pulses by conducting an all India level Pulse Food Innovation contest, co-hosted with McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health and Economics MCCHE and supported by Government of Saskatchewan. The live food contest was conducted with 6 shortlisted teams from the four zones of India, where team IHM, Bangalore won the title of the National Winner. IPGA is associated with CICILS in promoting the IYOP 2016 in India.
On 18th evening a Gala Dinner and Entertainment Night sponsored by ETG Agro Pvt Ltd was organised by inviting world renowned mentalist Amir Lustig, performances by Banjara School Dance and stand-up comedian, Jeeveshu Ahluwalia.
Overall, The Pulses Conclave 2016 proved to be a colossal success with a 25% increase in delegate attendance, consistently from the previous Conclaves. IPGA has announced that the next Pulses Conclave will be in 2018.
- February 17th, 2016
- Welcome address by Mr. Pravin Dongre – Chairman IPGA
- Ms. Robynne Anderson, President – Emerging Ag on International Year of Pulses 2016
- Special Address by Mr. G Chandrashekhar
- Keynote Address – Perspective on the Global Pulses Sector by Mr. Huseyin Arslan
- Address by Mr. Lyle Stewart – Hon’ble Minister for Agriculture – Saskatchewan
- Lifetime Achievement Award to Shree Seth Deepakchandji Parakh
- Vote of Thanks by Mr. Bimal Kothari – Vice Chairman IPGA
- IPGA – OATAM MoU Signing
- IPGA – ICRISAT MoU Signing
- IPGA – ITC MoU Signing
- Origin Presentation – INDIA by Mr. G Chandrashekhar – Economic Advisor – IMC and Member – SEBI CDAC
- Origin Presentation – AUSTRALIA by Mr. Sanjiv Dubey, Graintrend Pty Ltd
- Desi Chick Peas and Russia Kabuli Chick Peas Panel Discussion
- GAFTA Presentation by Ms. Jaine Chisholm Caunt
- GAFTA Briefing by Mr. Jonathan Waters
- Dr. J S Sandhu, Deputy Director General (Crop Science) – ICAR – Strategy for increasing pulses production
- Dr. David Bergvinson – Director General – ICRISAT on Improving Profitability for Farmers and Nutrition for Consumers
- Origin Presentation – CANADA by Mr. Jonathan Driedger – FarmLink Marketing Solutions
- USA Origin Presentation by Mr. Peter Klaiber
- Peas Panel Discussion
- Lentils Panel Discussion
- Dr. Kevin Tiessen – IDRC on Agriculture and Food Security – Where research can make a difference
- Dr. Chandra B Singh – OPIsystems Inc. – Postharvest Management and Storage of Pulses in India
- Mr. Vikram Murarka – Kshitij Consultancy Services – FOREX Risk Management – Where will the Rupee Go
- Mr. Rajat Sarda – Rajat Agro on Kabuli Chickpeas – The Indian Perspective
- Prerna Desai – Edelweiss Agri Services & Credit – Warehousing and Collateral Funding
- Origin Presentation – EAST AFRICA by Mr. Jayesh Patel, CEO – ETG
- Origin Presentation – MYANMAR by Mr. Shyam Narsaria, Arvee International
- Tur Moon Urad Panel Discussion
February 18th, 2016
February 19th, 2016
GALA DINNER & ENTERTAINMENT
Kit BAG Partner
Associate Partner A
Associate Partner B